International Student Services would like to welcome you to Huntington University! As a branch of the Division of Student Life, we are privileged to serve the international student population, facilitate intercultural education, and promote a global campus community at Huntington University. We are located on the first floor of the Huntington Union Building (HUB) in the Student Life office.
We are here for you!
International Student Services is the central administrative unit for international student affairs. For international students, HU faculty, and staff, we provide advice and counsel on U.S. immigration regulations and compliance issues related to the F1 visa category.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
International Student Home Countries
Students from over 35 countries around the world have chosen to make Huntington University their home. Our international student body represents a rich tapestry of cultures that makes our community truly extraordinary.
Questions? We love to help!
We serve international students in the following ways:
- Recommend and approve immigration benefits.
- Verify, track, and submit visa status notifications through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Advise students on adjustment to U.S. society, American culture, and community resources.
- Issue and manage students’ I-20s and travel signatures.
- Provide the information and letters needed for travel, employment, maintaining status, social security numbers, driver’s licenses, and other immigration-related matters.
- Conduct orientation sessions for international students.
- Recommend and approve Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT).
In addition to the many campus activities and events that we offer, we have one specifically tailored for our international students; The International Student Council (ISC) is a student-led group that provides programming that focuses on promoting diversity and community while planning cultural activities and trips. For questions about this group, please contact the ISC staff sponsor, Destiny Copeland, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (260)359-4216.
Health insurance is mandatory for all Huntington University students while here in the U.S. You will automatically be enrolled in the comprehensive Huntington University international student health insurance plan underwritten by Pan American International Insurance Corporation (PAIIC).
The Huntington University health insurance plan features the following:
- An annual accident/sickness benefit maximum of $500,000
- $0 deductible per insured person per policy year
- Covered expenses will be paid at 100% In-Network (AETNA PPO) and 80% Out-of-Network
- Prescription drugs are covered at 50% at a participating in-network pharmacy or covered at 100% if in-patient in the hospital
- Mental health treatment is covered at 100% in-network with a $20 copay per session
- Intercollegiate sports accident coverage up to $10,000 for student-athletes
The cost of the plan will be automatically added to your Student Account each semester:
August 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023
January 1, 2024 – July 31, 2024
Your ID Card
Please keep a copy of your health insurance ID card with you at all times and bring it to any medical appointments to ensure that the bill will be paid by the insurance company. Your health insurance ID card will be emailed to you from email@example.com at the beginning of the semester (check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox). If you need to re-download your health insurance ID card, you can request another copy here: https://www.acitpa.com/smic-idcard.
You can view the status of your claims as well as your Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) on the ACI claims portal. You will need to create an account by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide.
The Huntington University plan uses the Aetna PPO network. You can look up nearby Aetna in-network providers through the directions on your health insurance ID card or by visiting their website. The Parkview Health network near campus is the closest in-network provider.
Prescription Drugs are covered at 50% at a participating in-network pharmacy such as a MinuteClinic/CVS. You will need to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement by sending your itemized bill to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions, you may contact the Claims Administrator, Administrative Concepts, Inc. (ACI), directly toll-free at (888) 293-9229 to find providers, confirm coverage, submit claims or assistance with any claim questions—you will need to say you’re a student from Huntington University and reference your policy number (#14521622). For other general inquiries, please contact Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at email@example.com.