International Student Services

Welcome! Bienvenue! Bem-vindo! ကြိုဆိုပါတယ်။ Bienvenido! ยินดีต้อนรับ! Willkommen! እንኳን ደህና መጣህ Bine ati venit! fáilte! Chào mừng!

Welcome home! You belong here.

International Student Services would like to welcome you to Huntington University!  As a branch of the Division of Student Life, we are privileged to serve the international student population, facilitate intercultural education, and promote a global campus community at Huntington University.  We are located on the first floor of the Huntington Union Building (HUB) in the Student Life office.

We are here for you!

International Student Services is the central administrative unit for international student affairs. For international students, HU faculty, and staff, we provide advice and counsel on U.S. immigration regulations and compliance issues related to the F1 visa category.

Please feel free to contact our DHS Designated School Official, Sarah Rickerd at or call (260) 359-4026 if you have any questions.

We look forward to meeting you soon!

Students from over 38 countries around the world have chosen to make Huntington University their home. Our international student body represents a rich tapestry of cultures that makes our community truly extraordinary.

Questions? We love to help!

You can find answers to questions our international students often encounter, or feel free to reach out and we will do our best to help you navigate your path at Huntington University!
What are the services you offer to international students?

We serve international students in the following ways:

  • Recommend and approve immigration benefits.
  • Verify, track, and submit visa status notifications through the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
  • Advise students on adjustment to U.S. society, American culture, and community resources.
  • Issue and manage students’ I-20s and travel signatures.
  • Provide the information and letters needed for travel, employment, maintaining status, social security numbers, driver’s licenses, and other immigration-related matters.
  • Conduct orientation sessions for international students.
  • Recommend and approve Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT).
What kind of activities do you have for international students?

In addition to the numerous campus activities and events that you will enjoy, we have many that are specifically tailored for our international students.  The International Student Council (I.S.C.) is a student-led group that provides programming that focuses on promoting diversity and community while planning cultural activities and trips. The group sponsors an annual trip to Chicago, Illinois, and hosts events like the International Student Banquet and the Soul Food Café. The Multicultural Activities Council (M.A.C.) hosts activities celebrating Indigenous People’s Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, Latino Fest, and more!

The Coordinator of Multicultural Programs Destiny Copeland is the staff sponsor for both of these groups. Feel free to contact her at to find out more information about these popular events and how you can be involved.

I have a health insurance question. Who should I contact?

Health insurance is mandatory for all Huntington University students while here in the U.S. You will automatically be enrolled in the comprehensive Huntington University international student health insurance plan underwritten by Pan American International Insurance Corporation (PAIIC).

The Huntington University health insurance plan features the following:

  • An annual accident/sickness benefit maximum of $500,000
  • $0 deductible per insured person per policy year
  • Covered expenses will be paid at 100% In-Network (AETNA PPO) and 80% Out-of-Network
  • Prescription drugs are covered at 50% at a participating in-network pharmacy or covered at 100% if in-patient in the hospital
  • Mental health treatment is covered at 100% in-network with a $20 copay per session
  • Intercollegiate sports accident coverage up to $10,000 for student-athletes

The cost of the plan will be automatically added to your Student Account each semester:

International Student
Health Insurance Costs


Fall Semester
(August 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023)

Spring Semester
(January 1, 2024 – July 31, 2024)




Student Athlete




Your ID Card
Please keep a copy of your health insurance ID card with you at all times and bring it to any medical appointments to ensure that the bill will be paid by the insurance company. Your health insurance ID card will be emailed to you from at the beginning of the semester (check your spam folder if you do not see it in your inbox). If you need to re-download your health insurance ID card, you can request another copy here:

You can view the status of your claims as well as your Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) on the ACI claims portal. You will need to create an account by following the instructions in this step-by-step guide.

The Huntington University plan uses the Aetna PPO network. You can look up nearby Aetna in-network providers through the directions on your health insurance ID card or by visiting their website. The Parkview Health network near campus is the closest in-network provider.

Prescription Drugs are covered at 50% at a participating in-network pharmacy such as a MinuteClinic/CVS. You will need to pay out of pocket and submit for reimbursement by sending your itemized bill to

For further questions, you may contact the Claims Administrator, Administrative Concepts, Inc. (ACI), directly toll-free at (888) 293-9229 to find providers, confirm coverage, submit claims or assistance with any claim questions—you will need to say you’re a student from Huntington University and reference your policy number (#14521622). For other general inquiries, please contact Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at