Sojourners (formerly known as Campus Ministry Coordinators)
Abiding Together in Christ
Your time at Huntington University is just one stage in your spiritual and personal journey. You are sojourning here for only a few years before heading out to discover what comes next, so we choose to be present in the moment and make the most of your time by living side by side in authentic, Christ-centered community.
That’s where Sojourners come in.
Sojourners are your fellow travelers on the college journey. They are HU students who are committed to abiding where they are right now — in the middle of the messiness of day-to-day life, spiritual development, and personal growth on campus. They are here to listen and to speak into the lives of their peers, working closely with the Center for Spiritual Formation and Intercultural Enrichment to come alongside others in their Christian walk.
In practical terms, Sojourners:
- Make a one-year commitment to live intentionally and transparently in their faith in their residence halls and the greater Forester community
- Work with the Sojourner team and the staff in the Center for Spiritual Formation and Intercultural Enrichment to deepen their own Christian faith and encourage spiritual growth on campus
- Plan and facilitate growth-focused activities for their peers throughout the academic year, such as
- Monthly Hall Chapels and the Team Chapel
- Weekly worship time for their residence hall floor
- Regular devotionals and/or encouragement posts in their residence hall
- Are available to support the emotional and spiritual health of their fellow Foresters living on their residence hall floor
- Work with Residence Life to help their peers make the most of the HU experience