School of the Arts 2021 Summer Academies
Choose Your Track
Registration is now open for all 2021 School of the Arts Summer Academies! Programs are open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors who want a glimpse of what it would be like to pursue a career in Animation, Film & Television Production, or Performance.
Capture your opportunity to:
- Engage with a community of artists and storytellers
- Receive instruction on programs and techniques in media-related fields
- Participate in hands-on projects
- Gather personalized advice on preparing for college
- Develop creative work to be used in scholarship portfolios
When: June 20-24
Where: Huntington University in Huntington, Indiana
Students who attend a summer academy will receive priority consideration for a performance award scholarship of up to $2,000 a year to attend Huntington University. The scholarship will be reviewed upon acceptance to the university and completion of the performance award application.
2019 DMA Summer Academy Sizzle Reel
The Academy is open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors. Students come out of the Academy with a taste of what it would be like to pursue a degree in film, animation, and broadcast media.
Film and Television Production Academy Instruction:
- Script, film, and edit a short narrative film
- Attend workshops on a Netflix-approved RED camera system and Panasonic EVA-1
- Participate in digital lighting workshops
- Edit using the Adobe Creative Suite in a 5K resolution Mac lab
- Produce a non-fiction news/documentary piece
- Compile your work into a final show in HU’s live television studio
Limited to 32 attendees
Performance Academy Instruction:
- Practice basic acting techniques and skills
- Gain experience acting and performing on camera
- Create your own voice-over and animation demos
- Perform live on-air for WQHU 105.5FM, HU’s FM radio station
- Participate in a fully-produced news show in HU’s live television studio
- Learn about the business of performance and potential career paths in the field
Limited to 10 attendees
Register for the School of the Arts Summer Academy!