Digital Media Arts Virtual High School Summer Academy
Huntington University’s 2020 Digital Media Arts VIRTUAL Summer Academy
Registration is now open for the 2020 Digital Media Arts VIRTUAL Summer Academy! The Academy is open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors who want a glimpse of what it would be like to pursue a degree in animation, broadcast media, or film. Students engage with a community of artists, receive instructions on programs and techniques in the media field, and participate in hands-on workshops and projects which can serve as future portfolio pieces.
The virtual camp will include:
- Live, interactive instruction
- Hands-on projects and creative feedback
- Permanent access o recorded workshops and tutorials
- Personalized advice on preparing for college
When: June 21 - 25
Where: ONLINE (via Zoom)
There are two versions of the Digital Media Arts VIRTUAL Summer Academy, one focused on animation, the other focused on a combination of film and broadcast media. The nature of these projects changes each year, so returning attendees are welcome.
Animation Academy Instruction:
- Photoshop concept art illustration
- Maya 3D model animation
- After Effects motion graphics animation
- ToonBoom Harmony 2D animation
- Z-Brush 3D digital sculpting
Film and Broadcast Media Academy Instruction:
- Script, film, and edit a short fiction film
- Plan an on-camera interview
- Produce a non-fiction news/documentary piece
- Compile your work into a final broadcast to watch with your friends and family
- Technology Requirements:
- Camera/Cell phone to record audio and video
- Computer/Tablet/Cell Phone to edit video
In addition to learning from faculty, participants will also gain hands-on experience through workshops and at-home projects applying key artistic principles. Virtual social events will also be available in the evenings for those who wish to participate.
Registration is limited to 30 attendees per academy, 60 total. You must pay your registration fee to hold your spot. We will follow up at the beginning of June with additional information for those who have registered.
Please direct questions or inquiries to the Digital Media Arts assistant at email@example.com.