School of the Arts Summer Academy
Choose Your Track
Registration is open for all 2023 School of the Arts Summer Academies! Programs are open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors who want a glimpse of what it would be like to pursue a career in Animation, Film & Television Production, or Performance.
Capture your opportunity to:
- Engage with a community of artists and storytellers
- Receive instruction on programs and techniques in media-related fields
- Participate in hands-on projects
- Gather personalized advice on preparing for college
- Develop creative work to be used in scholarship portfolios
When: June 19-24
Where: Huntington University in Huntington, Indiana
Cost: $450 Early Bird (deadline Jan 1); $500 January 2 - March 1; $550 March 2 - May 31
What to Expect:The camp includes staying in the on-campus residence halls for the week. Each attendee will receive their meals each day along with an academy t-shirt.
Students who attend a summer academy will receive priority consideration for a performance award scholarship of up to $2,000 a year to attend Huntington University. The scholarship will be reviewed upon acceptance to the university and completion of the performance award application.
School of the Arts Summer Sizzle Reel
The Academy is open to incoming high school freshmen through high school seniors. Students come out of the Academy with a taste of what it would be like to pursue a degree in film production, tv production, animation, or performance arts.
Film and Television Production Academy Instruction:
- Script, film, and edit a short narrative film
- Attend workshops on a Netflix-approved RED camera system and Panasonic EVA-1
- Participate in digital lighting workshops
- Edit using the Adobe Creative Suite in a 5K resolution Mac lab
- Produce a non-fiction news/documentary piece
- Compile your work into a final show in HU’s live television studio
Limited to 32 attendees