Admission to Program
Admission to our Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
The occupational therapy assistant (OTA) program is unique in that it is a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant. Application for the program is a two-step process.
Step 1: Students will apply as a freshman for undergraduate studies, declaring the major OTA. Introduction to Occupational Therapy (OT100) is offered in the fall semester to introduce students to the OTA program.
Step 2: Students can apply to the OTA program during fall semesters. Students will be required to meet the following criteria to be accepted to the OTA program and progress from Introduction to Occupational Therapy (OT100) to Human Occupations (OT200) in the spring semester.
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prerequisites (earning a B- or 2.67 or higher per class)
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Introduction to Psychology
- Academic Writing and Research
- Medical Terminology
- Interview with Department of Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Writing sample onsite
- Competitive high school ACT or SAT score
- Reference information