Diverse Fields of Study
Sociology is the study of human interactions. At Huntington University, we’ll help you understand the sociological concepts that influence fields as diverse as law enforcement and gerontology. And at Huntington University, you will learn to integrate sociological theories with Christian principles, and refine your individual conclusions about society.
An Interactive Classroom
The majority of your sociology courses at Huntington will be discussion-based classes. You will be encouraged to talk about course content and make informed decisions about societal issues. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of social institutions, cultures, social problems and social change.
Career Options with Sociology:
- Criminal Justice (i.e. law enforcement, community corrections, etc)
- Research (educational, private firms, etc)
- Education (i.e. teaching, administration, etc)
- Advocacy (i.e. international relations, labor rights, child advocacy, etc)
- Government (i.e. Census Bureau, Homeland Security, etc)
- And so much more! The American Sociological Association has a wealth of resources.