Decode your future
If you love to write and analyze code, have a passion for developing apps and digital products, and easily adapt when new technology emerges, you will thrive in the computer science program. This software-based degree teaches relevant theories, specific skills, and creative approaches that make computer science professionals successful in the field. You will receive the individualized attention of a close-knit liberal arts college combined with the educational opportunities and research-active faculty you’d expect to find only at large universities.
Choose your degree track:
- Information systems: Combine computer science with business courses and prepare to add value to any work team.
- Mathematics: Focus on the intersection of math and computer programming, then pursue a career in applied math in computers or industry.
- Digital media: Support the animation/film industry with your background in information technology, or double major with animation or film and get the best of both worlds.
- Web development: Blend strong visuals and good design with technical know-how that demonstrates the true artistry of computer science.
Computer Science Curriculum
You don’t have to be naturally good at math and logic to succeed. Computer science is adaptable, and as long as you are willing to learn the necessary skills, problem solve, apply theory, and creatively approach your tasks, you will learn and grow. While there are several tracks to achieve your computer science degree, they will all build a foundation for helping you succeed. You will experience internships, research studies, a senior project, modern technology and research labs, advanced workstations and plenty of networking equipment—all designed to help you adapt in the workplace.
- Web Scripting
- Software Development
- Computer Architecture and Assembler Language
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems and Cloud Computing
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Database Management Systems
- Principles of Networking