Resident Assistant Information
Thank you for considering the position of Resident Assistant. The Student Life Staff seeks individuals who are committed to Christ as well as the growth and development of their fellow students. Please consider this significant campus role. It is through great student leaders that our campus community is influenced and we make an impact in our world for Christ.
As compensation, you will receive $2,000 room remission and a $1,000 stipend that will be divided in monthly pay checks during the academic year.
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your Resident Director or Jesse Brown in the Student Life Office.
Resident Assistant Application Guidelines
- Read through the Resident Assistant (RA) job description.
- Complete the RA online application.
- Have one faculty/staff person and your current RA complete the online reference.
- The role of Resident Assistant is significant but not more significant than your role as a student. Therefore, while serving as an RA, your semester and cumulative GPA must remain at or above 2.75. If you are unable to maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher, you may be asked to step down from your role.
- The RA position has a minimum time expectation of 20 hours per week. Before applying, please be sure any additional involvements you may have will fit with this expectation.
- All RAs take part in a 1-credit leadership course (SS201) which takes place every other Monday from 4:00 – 5:00 PM for the fall semester.
Resident Assistant Selection Time Table
|Feb. 1||Applications become available.|
|Feb. 8, @ 7pm||Leadership Event|
|Feb. 19||RA application and reference are to be completed by 5:00 PM.|
|Feb. 22 - March 4||RA Interviews - Sign-ups will be on Margaret Pasko's desk, located in the Student Life Office in the HUB|
|March 7||Small Group Interviews - Sign-ups will be on Margaret Pasko's desk, located in the Student Life Office in the HUB|
|March 18||Applicants will be notified via campus mail.|