The Friesen Center for Service & Experiential Learning helps you get involved on campus, in the community, and around the globe.
Part of what sets Huntington University apart is our commitment to ensuring that students graduate with practical experience in their degree field as well as opportunities to serve others. In 2023 the Friesen Center partnered with CSI Ministries to combine service with career interests. The result was a weeklong experience in Jamaica where students put the skills they have learned at HU to work in the Jamaican culture. In addition, the team took on a large service project to help the 4-H building shine inside and out with freshly painted walls. Students will be able to experience this unique opportunity again in Spring 2025.
The Friesen Center also provides volunteer opportunities in the community and on campus. Here are a few examples of ways we've made a difference over the years....
- Fall and Spring Service Day
- Day of Giving Service Event
- Monthly volunteer opportunities at the Sewing Barn
- Blood Drives twice a semester with the Red Cross
- U Can Crush Hunger event in cooperation with Community Harvest Food Bank
- Operation Christmas Child with Samaritans’ Purse
- Fall Break Trips, Spring Break Missions and other mission trips
Each year we put together an incredible week of service opportunities and emphasis across campus. This includes...
- Special chapel guest speakers focused on sharing service opportunities and stories.
- Volunteer Fair where students are introduced to local opportunities to serve.
Student Leadership Team
The Friesen Center provides an opportunity to serve others by leading and facilitating special events on campus and in the community. This is a great opportunity to sharpen leadership skills, event planning and marketing skills.
Are you ready to get involved in Forester Service?
Contact us today to get started!