MBA International Students

Admission Requirements

• Huntington University operates on a rolling admission policy. International applicants should submit their completed application at minimum 90 days prior to the desired start date.

• Non U.S degrees must be evaluated by an approved degree evaluation service. Huntington University prefers World Education Services (WES), Education Credential Evaluators (ECE), and INCred (NAIA requires an INCred  evaluation for athletic participation)    

• International MBA applicants whose 1st language is not English must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores for admission. Huntington University required scores are 85 or TOEFL or 6.5 on IELTS. International applicants that have graduated from a U.S.-based institution are exempt.    

Visa and Travel Information

The U.S. State Department is the government agency that issues or denies your visa. Its facilities are commonly known as "embassies" or "consulates." Students can apply for F-1 visas at any time. However, the State Department will only start to issue visas 120 days prior to the first day of your academic program. International students will be able to enter the United States no more than 30 days prior to the beginning of the academic program.

In order to get an F-1 visa before traveling to the United States, you must:

1. Obtain the SEVIS I-20 form from Huntington University. You will receive this form by mail from Huntington University once you have satisfied all requirements for eligibility.

2. Pay the SEVIS fee prior to the visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in your country. Your I-20 form is required to complete Form I-901, after which you will receive a receipt or Form I-797C. Please note that the pament process requires the use of a credit card. For more information, visit the ICE I-901 page.

3. Prepare the following for your interview:

4. All appropriate forms as required by your country

5. A passport valid for at least the next six months

6. Your I-20 form signed by Huntington University

7. Your receipt of payment of the I-901 fee

8. Your Huntington University acceptance letter

9. Evidence of financial support

10. A statement of intent to return to your home country after your studies

11. Provide current photographs for your F-1 visa

12. Pay the "Machine-Readable Visa" fee

For additional information regarding this topic, you can visit Education USA or

Attendance Expectations

International students are required to be onsite one night each week with the remaining coursework completed online. All other MBA students have the option to complete their participation credit through attending class onsite one night each week, attending synchronously online, or through asynchronous participation.

Ready to Begin?

Get started today!

Apply Now Contact Us

MBA International Students FAQs

Disclaimer: Please be advised that this guide is for general information and is never to be used as a substitute for Federal Immigration Rules and Regulations. Huntington University disclaims any and all liability from reliance upon this general information.
Visa and Travel

How long can I stay in the U.S.?

You are allowed to stay in the United States for as long as you are enrolled as a full-time student in the educational program and making normal progress toward completion of your course of study. If approved, you also may be allowed to stay in the country up to twelve (12) additional months beyond the completion of your studies to pursue practical training. Those in the STEM majors, if approved, may stay an additional seventeen (17) months. At the end of your studies or practical training, you may be given sixty (60) days to prepare to leave the country. However, students who fail to complete their course of study are granted fifteen (15) days to leave the United States.

What is a SEVIS I-20 Form and why do I need one?

A Sevis (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) I-20 is a United States government form issued by Huntington University for the purpose of certifying to the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 student status. The SEVIS I-20 form certifies that you have been admitted to Huntington University, that you are or expected to be a committed student, that you will pursue a full course of study, and that you have enough funds to study and live in the U.S. You need this SEVIS I-20 form in order to obtain an F-1 student visa at the U.S. consulate or embassy in your country and to maintain your student status while in the United States.

What are the prerequisites to be issued a SEVIS I-20 by Huntington University?

To be issued an I-20, one must:

Gain acceptance to a degree program at Huntington University

Complete the general admissions application

Submit TOEFL or SAT scores if a non-native English speaker

Present a copy of one's passport

Present the necessary financial documents to prove the ability to fund one's education at Huntington University

Pay the Huntington University registration fee

For more information, visit the Portal.

What is NSEERS? How does NSEERS affect me?

Some international students will be required to undergo additional security screening and will have to provide additional information under the NSEERS program. These students should follow the directions of the Customs and Border Protection Officer.

What are tips for a successful Visa interview?

1. Prove ties to, and reasons to return to, your home country

2. Practice speaking English prior to the interview

3. Speak confidently for yourself

4. Plan ahead and be brief — you only have a short time to make a good impression

5. Familiarize yourself with Huntington University and know exactly why you want to attend Huntington University in particular

6. Prepare and organize your documents

7. Know your home country's visa regulations

8. Have a positive attitude

9. Answer questions about family and dependents

10. If you are denied, do not argue or ask what you should do differently next time

Can I bring my family members to the United States?

Your spouse and children may come with you to the United States as your dependants with an F-2 status. Your family should accompany you to the U.S. embassy or consulate when you apply for your F-1 student visa, and they should be prepared to prove their relationship to you. The F-2 status of your family will be dependent on your status as an F-1 academic student, meaning that if you change your visa status, your family must also change their status. If you lose your status, your family will also lose their status. F-2 dependants are issued a SEVIS I-20 form stipulating their F-2 status. In addition, F-2s cannot attend colleges and universities unless they request and are granted a change of status to F-1.


What is Curricular Practical Training?

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is an F-1 off-campus authorization for paid positions directly related to the MBA program. CPT can be used to authorize a variety of positions, including employment, internships, fellowships, practicums, etc.

Who is eligible for CPT?

F-1 Students who:

•    Have are in lawful, full-time status with the Huntington MBA program
•    Are in good academic standing
•    Have been offered a position that is directly related to their major field of study
•    Are in a degree program in which off-campus experience is an integral part of the curriculum
•    Are enrolled in a fellowship course

Do I need a job offer to apply?

Yes. CPT can only be authorized for a specific position at a U.S. organization, at a specific location, during specific dates. The offer letter must be presented on company letterhead, with a brief job description, employment start date, employment end date, hours per week, and supervisor details.

Will Huntington University assist me in locating a full-time position?

Yes, Huntington University has contacts with organizations that are willing to consider applicants on CPT status. Huntington University cannot ensure a position with a specific employer.

Do I need to be enrolled while on CPT?

Yes. If the CPT is granted in conjunction with a fellowship class, you must remain enrolled in the class throughout the semester.

Do I need to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for CPT?

No. Huntington University will handle documentation of your CPT stauts.

Do I need to pay an application fee for CPT?

No. There is no cost to the student for the CPT application. However, if the student is enrolled in an fellowship class, Huntington University may charge tuition for the course credit.

Does CPT affect my available Optical Practical Training (OPT) in the future?

If you have been authorized for full-time CPT for a total of 12 full months (365 days), you will not be eligible for OPT. Otherwise, OPT should not be affected.