Students volunteer over fall break this weekend
HUNTINGTON, Ind. A group of Huntington University students will give back this weekend while serving in Tennessee.
The students will be heading to Dyersburg, Tenn., for fall break Oct. 14-18 to serve by doing various construction work on a house. The trip is sponsored by the Joe Mertz Center for Volunteer Service, a campus organization dedicated to service and volunteering.
Fall break is one of the many opportunities for students to take mission trips. Annually, the JMC sponsors trips over spring break, and students frequently take trips over J-term.
Those participating are:
- Liz Smith, a junior psychology and sociology major from Berne, Ind.
- Karen Bollenbacher, a sophomore history major from Berne, Ind.
- Mathis Glover, a freshman film production major from Biloxi, Miss.
- Jacob Smith, a sophomore music education major from Berne, Ind.
- Thaddeus Goff, a senior broadcasting major from Bartow, Fla.
- Allison Timbrook, a senior recreation management major from Edgerton, Ohio.
- Grace McBrayer, HU director of volunteer service and outreach ministry.
- Robert Schultz, driver for the trip.