Master of Arts in Ministry and TESOL
Bring the Word of God to our brothers and sisters – in any language.
Ministry across cultures can be a challenge… are you up for it? HU offers a Master’s Degree in Ministry that includes your TESOL/EL Certification.
You will have the opportunity to travel the world, teach, and minister with this all-in-one Master’s degree. In coupling our TESOL certificate with courses in cross-cultural ministry, plus ministry electives of your own choosing, students are able to focus on their ideal career path.
Follow your calling — whether serving in church-based English learning programs, church planting around the world, or teaching in non-profit outreach programs to refugees and those in need. The best part? HU’s Master of Arts in Ministry and TESOL can be completed in less than 2 years, with just 33 credit hours.
Contact us today — a new cohort begins every August.
We would love to have a conversation with you about your goals and how we can help you reach them. To get started, tell us a little more about how our admissions team can contact you.
Interested in learning more?
Master of Arts in Ministry and TESOL — 32 hours
TE533 — Foundations of TESOL/EL
TE534 — Instructional Methods for TESOL/EL: Listening and Speaking
TE535 — Instructional Methods for TESOL/EL: Reading and Writing
CO522 — Intercultural Communication
MI500 — Personal Spiritual Formation
MI505 — Thinking Theologically
MI510 — Ministry Leadership
MI530 — Pastoral Counseling
MI550 — Multicultural Partnerships
MI600 — Qualitative Research
MI610 — Field-based Research
- A completed graduate program application
- A non-refundable $30 application fee
- Waived for HU alumni
- Official transcripts
- Request official transcripts from the college/university awarding the highest degree you have completed
- Transcripts must arrive via mail or electronic submission directly from the college/university
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for full acceptance (Students with a lower GPA may apply for provisional admission based on additional documentation and approval of the Program Director)
- Two recommendation forms submitted online
- One pastoral/spiritual mentor reference
- One character reference
- Academic prerequisites (see below)
- Writing samples (see below)
To be eligible for full acceptance into Huntington University’s graduate program in TESOL ministry, your undergraduate work must include:
- 6 credit hours of coursework in biblical studies, including both Old Testament and New Testament
- 3 credit hours of coursework in theology
If you do not currently have these prerequisites met, you can still be accepted into Huntington University's graduate program in ministry on a conditional basis. We can assist you in completing these requirements.
Please submit a 2-3 page essay in response to each of the following prompts.
- Describe your salvation experience and sense of calling to ministry.
- Why are you pursuing a graduate degree in ministry?
- Describe your experience in ministry.