Step by Step: From Application to Arrival
Step 1: Review Our Admission Requirements
Eligibility for acceptance into a Huntington University undergraduate program is contingent on the following requirements:
- You must show proof of English proficiency. You may submit a TOEFL iBT test score of 75 or higher, an IELTS overall score of 6.0 or higher, or a Duolingo English Test score of 100 or higher. If your scores do not meet the requirement, please contact the international admissions counselor for more information about our English proficiency waiver.
- Your high school GPA equivalent must meet or exceed 2.3 on a 4.0 scale. Students who are transferring from a post-secondary institution must meet or exceed a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students are not required to take the SAT or ACT, but it is recommended for scholarship consideration.
Step 2: Apply to Huntington University
If you are certain that you meet or exceed Huntington University's admission requirements, complete our online application.
You will receive an email from our admissions staff thanking you for your application and requesting any additional documents necessary to complete the application process. These documents may include, but are not limited to:
- High school transcripts (an official list, in English, of high school courses taken and the respective grades earned)
- TOEFL or IELTS scores
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Financial Information
If you meet our admission requirements and are accepted into Huntington University, you will receive an official letter of acceptance.
Steps 3 and 4
Step 3: Our Office of Financial Aid will send you a financial aid offer letter in which we will inform you of any scholarships and/or grants that you have been awarded.
Step 4: Send your registration deposit to Huntington University.
Step 5: Huntington University Will Issue Your I-20
You will be asked to provide:
- A copy of your passport
- Documentation of financial ability to fund one year of tuition, room, board, and fees at Huntington University
- Contact information
- Dependent information (if needed)
After we process your information, an I-20 and welcome package will be mailed to you.
Steps 6 and 7
Step 6: Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee and apply for your F-1 student visa in your home country.
Step 7: Notify our Office of Admissions when you receive your visa, make your travel plans, and arrive at Huntington University!