Freedom International to Forester
Are you considering a gap year and interested in working internationally? Huntington University is pleased to partner with Freedom International to offer college credit for Freedom International interns.
Interested? Here are your next steps:
- Apply for a nine-month or one-year internship with Freedom International
- Complete the Huntington University application process
While you are serving in the Dominican Republic, you will take 30 credit hours of college courses, including a complete certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
Apply those hours toward a degree from Huntington University or transfer them to other universities.
- Biblical History and Literature
- Missions Regional Studies
- Understanding the Christian Faith
- An upper-level Bible course
- Online TESOL certificate courses
- A cross-cultural practicum (your Freedom International internship)
Cost for college courses is $400 per credit hour. Please contact the Huntington University Office of Financial Aid with questions at (800) 642-6493 or FinAid@huntington.edu.
Once your internship with Freedom International is complete, apply your 30 credit hours toward any Huntington University degree. All you will need to do is register for classes (you are invited to attend registration weekend!), pay your deposit, attend Orientation in the fall, move in, attend class, have an incredible university experience, and graduate as a proud member of the Forester Nation.
Questions about the process? Contact the Office of Admissions at (800) 642-6493 or firstname.lastname@example.org.