All candidates for admission must have:
1. Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university or a plan to complete one prior to enrollment. While we do not require any specific discipline, undergraduate students often major in areas such as health science, exercise science, or psychology in preparation for a doctorate program in occupational therapy.
2. Minimum 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
3. B- or better in all prerequisite courses:
|Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab||4|
|Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab||4|
|Lab Science (Biology, Physics or Chemistry)||3–4|
|Introduction to Psychology||3|
|Statistics or Research||3|
Candidates must have completed the above prerequisites within the last ten years. We accept applications with prerequisites still in progress as long as we receive official transcripts showing successful completion (B- or better) prior to program matriculation. For prerequisites taken during the Spring 2020 semester affected by COVID-19, a grade of Satisfactory or Pass will be accepted.
4. Huntington University is waiving the GRE requirement for Spring 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 applicants at both the Indiana and Arizona locations.
5. Minimum of 50 hours of observational, volunteer, and/or work experience in occupational therapy completed before the start of classes. Candidates do not have to complete all 50 hours prior to application. We recommended having more than one observation site and experience with ages across the lifespan. Alternative options are available for those unable to gain access to onsite observation hours. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to review alternatives.
6. Completed OTCAS application.
7. Three letters of recommendation, submitted via OTCAS. At least one of these must be from a healthcare provider, preferably a licensed occupational therapist.
8. Candidates who are invited to the interview phase of the admission process will be required to complete a writing sample based on a short reading assignment. The student will be given up to 50 minutes to complete the essay.
Become a Forester
Students with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution are eligible to apply for this program. Applicants must also meet the minimum admission requirements and complete prerequisite classes. Call us at (800) 600-4888 or email us at email@example.com.Apply Today