Fort Wayne, Indiana Location Accreditation
Huntington University’s Doctorate of Occupational Therapy Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929.
1819 Carew St.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Peoria, Arizona, Location Accreditation
Huntington University completed Step 1 of the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) Letter of Intent. Submission of Step 2 Candidacy Status Application will be submitted by April 15, 2020.
The self-study will be submitted to ACOTE by March 1st, 2022 for the next level review. Candidates and students have an opportunity to have this further explained by phone or in-person during an onsite visit.
8385 W. Mariners Way
Peoria, AZ 85382
Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the National Certification Examination for the Occupational Therapist, administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the graduate will be an occupational therapist, registered (OTR).
In addition, all states require licensure to practice and state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT certification examination. A felony conviction may affect a graduate's ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure.
Students must complete Level II fieldwork and experiential requirements within 24 months following completion of the didactic portion of the program.
Huntington University: Entry Level OTD Program Student Outcomes
NBCOT Pass Rates
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) pass rates are available by visiting this link.
- 34 of 34 OTD students enrolled in the fall 2017 cohort
- 17 of 18 OTD students enrolled in the spring 2018 cohort
- 34 of 34 OTD students enrolled in the fall 2018 cohort
- 18 of 18 OTD students enrolled in the spring 2019 cohort
- 33 of 34 OTD students enrolled in the fall 2019 cohort
- 18 of 18 OTD students enrolled in the spring 2020 cohort
- Class of 2017: 32 of 32 students, a 100% graduation rate
- Class of 2018: 32 of 32 students, a 100% graduation rate
- Class of 2019: 34 of 34 students, a 100% graduation rate
- CarFit Technician and CarFit Event Coordinator
- Certified Living In Place Professional (CLIPP)
- Certified Ergonomic Evaluation Specialist (CEES)
- Certified Educator of Infant Massage (CEIM)
- The Get Permission Approach to Pediatric Mealtime Challenges 1
Student Service Projects
Many student service projects are integrated into the OTD 706 Global Outreach and Missions course.
- Wheels for the World
- Joni and Friends
- Food Drive
- Living Hope
- Cause 4 Life
- Fort Wayne YWCA
- Fort Wayne Turnstone
- White Coat Ceremony during orientation
- AOTA annual conference
- INOTA State Conference with student presentation and poster exhibits
- Huntington University Student Occupational Therapy Association (HUSOTA) events
- Phi Theta Epsilon Occupational Therapy National Honor Society
- Christian Fellowship Group
- AOTA Backpack Awareness
- Wheelchair mobility collection drives
- CarFit events
- Family Dinner night
- Holiday parties