Huntington University is located in Huntington, Indiana, a community of nearly 17,500. The city is situated on the banks of the Wabash River. Its healthful climate, beautiful scenery, splendid commercial location, fine churches and quality school system make Huntington an excellent college town.
The University buildings are located on a large and beautiful campus in the northeast section of the city. The drives, walks, groves and ravines make the campus unusually attractive throughout the year. The site consists of over 160 acres, largely wooded, and includes a central pedestrian mall and a memorial fountain. The fountain is circled by academic buildings such as the RichLyn Library; Becker Hall, the original College Hall opened in 1897 that now houses the digital media arts program and administrative offices; Dowden Science Hall; and Loew-Brenn Hall. A campus lake provides focal interest for the student union, dining commons, Merillat Centre for the Arts and president’s home. Living areas are divided between modern residence halls positioned around campus and the apartment village tucked into the woods at the edge of campus. Athletic facilities and fields fill out the side of campus facing the adjacent residential neighborhood.
Thornhill Nature Preserve, owned by the University, is within a few minutes of campus. The private 77-acre reserve includes a variety of diverse habitats, including evergreen and deciduous forest, a woodland pond, meadows and wetlands. The diverse ecosystem supports a wide variety of wildflowers, trees, mammals and birds.
Huntington County has its own airport for private aircraft, while Fort Wayne International Airport provides commercial air service only 25 miles away.
Huntington University also has satellite locations in Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Peoria, Arizona. The Fort Wayne location on the campus of Parkview Hospital Randallia houses graduate programs, and the Peoria location serves undergraduate students in digital media arts and graduate students in the doctorate of occupational therapy program.