Academic Recovery

Students who are readmitted with a poor academic record may qualify for Academic Recovery. Students who are granted AR have all work prior to a specified date before their readmission treated as though it had been completed on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory basis.

To be eligible for Academic Recovery, the student must not have been enrolled as a full-time student at Huntington for a period of at least three years before readmission and must have attained a grade point average of 2.3 or better in at least 12 hours of work completed after re-enrolling at Huntington. A student may be granted AR one time only.

If AR is granted, a complete record of all work taken, all grades received and the grade average at the time of the action remains on the student transcript. The transcript will include a notation of the Academic Recovery action indicating the date the action was granted.

All work completed prior to the requested Academic Recovery date will be calculated as Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grading and will no longer be included in the computation of grade point average. Work for which a grade of C- or higher was earned will be assigned a mark of S and may be counted toward completion of degree requirements. Coursework for which a grade of less than C- was earned will be assigned a mark of U and will not count as earned hours and will not count toward any degree requirement.

Since all credits earned with a grade of less than C- are lost when AR is granted, students should carefully consider whether it is in their best interest to apply for Academic Recovery. A student wishing to request AR will submit a written request to the University registrar.